Yesterday at Future of Web Apps in London we presented 10 web applications built using Adobe technology that we believe best represents the capabilities of Flash Player, Flex and AIR, whilst highlighting to a wider web designer/developer audience the type of applications that we think will become the standard for Future Web Applications.
Here’s what we showed:
- Sliderocket (browser-based presentations)
- Scrapblog (blog and scrapbook combined)
- Picnic (online photo editing/manipulation)
- MTV Video Remixer (online video editing/manipulation)
- Buzzword (document editing)
- Fine Tune (desktop music player)
- eBay Desktop (eBay on your desktop)
- Adobe Media Player (desktop video playback)
- Pownce (messaging client)
- AIR Google Analytics (desktop analytics)
Would these all be on your top ten or do you think we missed some? Let me know via the comments…
If you’re at FOWA today then please stop off at the Adobe stand, pick up a free book (and a beer) and come talk to us about Flex and AIR.
I don’t know of an existing application in this category, but am hoping that Flex/AIR can be used for data entry applications.
FYI Ten apps list: its aboutnico.be, not adoutnico.be
But the app doesn’t work anyway as it needs air beta1 not the current beta2.
Enjoyed the Adobe talks and learning about AIR!
Was moved to download the beta2 and DW CS3 extension. About to do “hello world!”
Thanks James – I’ll update the incorrect link.
BTW, you can run beta 1 and beta 2 of AIR simultaneously – I’ve just posted details of how to do this.
I just posted a new version that supports beta 2.